Thursday 3 March 2016

The Splendid Stitch Blocks 4, 5 and 6

For those of you taking part in The Splendid Sampler project, how are you getting on?  I'm dipping in and out of the blocks as time allows.  I loved Jen Kingwell's Happy Happy block.  I used Perfect Circles and the appliqué technique that Charise covered in detail here:


Those tiny circles took a while but I do like the end effect.  I ended up with two versions of the Simple Simon block (designed by Celine Perkins) as I was't totally sure of my choices.  I'm still not sure I got it quite how I wanted but I guess they'll both end up in the final quilt:



I am enjoying the range of blocks from straightforward rotary piecing, through to appliqué and embroidery.  It's good to mix it up a bit and I always like the chance to challenge myself- although I felt at home foundation paper piecing a 6 inch block with Natalia Bonner's Focal Point design.


If you feel you've missed anything, Pat and Jane have a very useful catch-up post with lots of handy links. Which techniques are you enjoying so far?

sib blog

1 comment:

  1. Love your version of the blocks. I made 2 of #5 also - striving for more symmetry in the center (and #1 because I was in Farmer's Wife mode and set the herat on point). These have been a refreshing mix of techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.