Thursday 5 June 2014

Moving On, James

I am guessing many of you have seen this already, but if you haven't take a look- prepare yourself tissues are needed, it's an emotional watch.


There are so many things I could say about this.  The song came about through Tim Booth losing his mother and a friend in quick succession.  I remember seeing James when I was a student, they were a big part of the whole Manchester/Madchester scene.  The video maker, Ainslie Henderson was inspired by the lyric, "unwinding" and a glance at a ball of wool in a shop window.  The yarn for the figures came from Jo's (Bearpaw) shop- I love this connection to the crafting world.  We're all inevitably affected by death in our lives.  There was a suicide in my family 18 months ago.  Its a harsh way to lose somebody and it colours the rest of your life.  I know it made me unravel mentally, especially a few months back in the winter months.  I am just putting together a summer playlist, an annual thing for me and this track was my first choice. Enjoy and be ready to cry x

sib blog

10 comments:

  1. I saw this on Jo's blog earlier this week, it's an amazing concept for the video

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen this before. Thank you, Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and beautiful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the loss in your family. It can be a dark time and I'm glad that you're doing better ~ you are always such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your life Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh. Well that is my mascara gone. A reminder that change (including death) is a necessary part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful video and suicide does rip those left apart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so pleased you shared this too Kerry, I really want everyone to see it! I've had two family bereavements in the last 6 months and I think watching it last week really helped me with the grieving process. But I still need to ration my views so as not to 'unravel' too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh cripes. I was fine, you know, just up until that little hand closed around her finger and now I'm sobbing! I'm so sorry for you loss, Kerry, and I'm glad you're finding things to help you with your grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kitty JJ, couldn't find your email but much appreciated x

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for posting this, Kerry. I have a dear friend, who is a knitter, who's mum may be "on her way" soon. I will save this for her for afterwards. It's quite beautiful. It also makes me appreciate my mum who has just gone through a big surgery and is on her way to recovery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.