Wednesday 22 July 2015

Little Joys Quilt-Along: Week 4

It's time for the third and final set of blocks for the Fat Quarter Shop Little Joys quilt along, the 'Present' or 'Season of Giving' block.   I played around with the colour combos to produce three different blocks.  You can find the free pattern schedule and links to the kit here


For all the blocks in the quilt along, I cut all the fabric and arrange and piece in an assembly line style.  This also allows for auditions like the different colour 'ribbons' quarter square triangle 'Hour Glass' blocks.  Talking of the ribbons, a little voice in my head did contemplate lots of ribbons as a border around the quilt- not sure if I'm going to pursue that but there's fabric left over from the Fat Quarter Shop kit that could easily be used for that purpose!


See you next Wednesday for a finished quilt top.  I've already tried the layout on the floor and it all looks very cute and colourful together.    For UK or Europe quilters are looking to buy the Penny Rose 'Little Joys' fabrics designed by Elea Lutz closer to home for lower shipping costs or want to avoid import charges, you can find them at Pretty Fabrics and Trims.
sib blog

4 comments:

  1. Love your colour combo! I tried to download the present block and it was unavailable? Is it just me am I looking in the wrong place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Little Joys blocks are so cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats a classic pinwheel block, and these are really cute as presents.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.