Thursday 25 September 2014

September at Seamstar-

For my September visit to Seamstar I am going to use one of the website features to take a colour  journey through the shop linking one fabric to the next link.  I am using the Find Similar Fabrics by Colour: links
I was drawn to the Dashwood Prairie prints to start my journey.  Starting with Prairie Spirals by Rebecca Stoner.


Which looks like it would play very nicely with, Monaluna  Marin Poppies.


Which takes me to Enchant, Birdies in Celery




The grey in this print lead me on to this Studio E Robots Print


And then on to a favourite, Lecien Sunbonnet Sue Cross Stitch Alphabet (which is on offer too!)


The grass green took me on to Hello Tokyo Flowers,


And on to the autumnal Norwegian Woods Mushrooms


Next, to the very pink elephants, Ann Kelle's Zoologie


And ending with this incredibly cute Timeless Treasures Yeah Sushi print- haven't ever noticed this one before!

There are lots of handy link tools- collection, colour, group which make some lively and fun fabric combinations rather than just buying from the same range.   There is also an ideas page to inspire you with lots of links to free patterns and projects.   Enjoy the journey!

sib blog

2 comments:

  1. The 'find similar colours' feature looks impressively useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like 6 degrees of separation for fabrics :oD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.