Wednesday 27 November 2013

November at Eternal Maker

I noticed yesterday on Eternal Maker's Twitter feed that they are about to start 12 days of Christmas offers- I wonder what they have planned?  Meanwhile, Bark and Branch by Eloise Renouf for Cloud Nine Fabrics has arrived:

I love the wintery equinox colours in these.  I know the colour picture prints always catch the eye first but the line leaf prints are especially beautiful.




There are instructions for the cutest little toys to go inside your house (or make mini  Christmas decorations with).
 All the materials are listed in the project posts on the Eternal Maker blog.
Another boy based line caught my eye, Super Hero from Riley Blake
A pillow case in this would make a lovely make for a boy and there are enough colours in there for it to co-ordinate with a range of duvet covers.  There is also a fat quarter Super Hero bundle available with prints from a range of fabric lines and including the Wham! Pow! fabric
A few new Nani Iro prints have snook into the Eternal Maker stock, and I have already bought one- you know I am a sucker for all the Nani Iro fabrics.  Firstly a brushed cotton- think light flannel weight, 
I have a couple of metres of this which I ordered as soon as I saw it- I was a little nervous of it, the dots are large and silver so I was a little unsure from just looking at the on screen picture but once I saw it at home and could lay it against me and imagine clothing I really feel for it.  Think simple loose shapes-tunic, full skirt, to make the most of the spots.  This is my pic showing the Charcoal Pocho alongside Robert Kaufman Shetland flannel in Jet (this fabric is the same on both sides):
I am planning skirts in both, something long and lean in the flannel plus a scarf for Damian (if I can squeeze both out of it) and a fuller skirt with pockets in the Pocho.  I did notice this beautiful linen blend Herringbone design, also Nani Iro
I'm not sure of the weight of this, it looks like the heavier linen/blend rather than the floaty- gorgeous though!  There is a delicate white version too, rather spring like.  
There is new Nani Iro Field Star double gauze here, my favourite colourway is this grey/purple
and a white version with a white border.
I do often get distracted when browsing the Eternal Maker site (its a hard job but someone's got to do it) by the felting kits.  I have only done a little felting and I fear it would be a little hard on my hands but the kits are dangerously cute!  Like this pug:
Three little birds ( I am now humming the Bob Marley tune)
and a couple of Hamsters complete with sunflower seeds:
The kits are all Japanese so be prepared for instructions via pictures rather than text.  You can find a felting needle tool here.  I couldn't find a mat at Eternal Maker but you can see the type here.
Remember to keep an eye on twitter for the 12 day offers. 
sib blog

4 comments:

  1. Lots of tempting lovelies. I've only done flat needle felting have always been curious about the 3d kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at that Nani Iro earlier, very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really need a 'come and feel it' road trip over here in the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of gorgeous bits. I am sure I will invest in some of that lovely superhero fabric for my sons room. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.