Monday 22 August 2011

Coming Around Again

I have been sorting through my recent vintage fabric bounty.  Many of the fabrics are at least 50 years old and I have been struck by how modern they are and how design ideas are never new, just reinvented.  These  coarse weave feedsack scraps look just like Kei dots
And these lovely bits- this is all I have but aren't they lovely!- remind me strongly of Echino prints both in colour and style.
What goes around comes around with fabric pattern design.
I have two full weeks off work- hurrah!  And we have a week off together so this week is about family time, and besides I burnt my arm on the iron and need to let it heal before I hit the sewing machine again.  So I'll be in and out this week and I'll post the Go! Baby giveaway next week once I've had a chance to test the other dies.  Have a great week, I know I will x
sib blog

10 comments:

  1. Hope your arm heals swiftly.
    Enjoy your holiday!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 'vintage snippets'. Hope your arm heals soon, and you have some nice family time - I burnt 3 of my knuckles off, on the edge of the iron just before holiday - looked like I'd been punching hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad about your arm!

    enjoy the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do seem to be making a lot of the fabrics like the vintage ones we loved so much.

    Enjoy the vacation and I hope the arm heels soon. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable fabrics! Hope your arm feels better soon! And who doesn't love a good old family vacation?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun and I hope your arm heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those vintage fabrics are very modern! By the way I have the same mushroom print in green!It's a lovely print isn't it?!

    Hope you are having a great vacation Kerry! Looking forward to seeing what you'll make with Go! Baby next :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fabrics and yes, I can definitely see the similarities. Have a great break and hope the arm is fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabric - as you say very modern in feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a lovely holiday - hope the burn heals soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.